[R] History of R

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Fri Feb 15 23:37:01 CET 2008

For those of you who want to learn more about the history of the R
project: There will be an invited lecture by John Fox and Kurt Hornik at
this year's useR! conference in Dortmund in August (...unfortunately a bit
too late for Kathy) about "The Past, Present, and Future of the R Project"
see

  http://www.R-project.org/useR-2008/

The talk will be a double feature with John focusing on "Social
Organization of the R Project" and Kurt on "Development in the R Project".
The core ingredients of the two parts will be
  - interviews that John has conducted with the R-core members (and a few
    other R developers),
  - development of CRAN, DSC, R News, R Foundation, useR!, R-Forge, ...

BTW: Registration for useR! is possible online at the URL mentioned above.
Sorry for the shameless plug ;-)