[R] random location in polygons sp spsample splancs csr

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Sun Feb 17 19:35:21 CET 2008

Thanks for those detailed explanation and the time taken to write them.
>  The spsample methods for polygons have an iter= argument that can be
> used to make then "try harder", did you try it (with what values - the
> help page senctence you quote is from the iter= description)?
Yes sure, I went up to 10, but no success.

> Could you provide an example with a set.seed() value that does what
> you say, or at least the code you used?
The easiest way is to send the data and the script off list. I will do it.

> Did you try asking for multiple points and then choosing a single
> point at random? This would be equivalent to increasing iter while
> asking for a single point.
I did not try this one....

Actually, I found my way out easy with csr() in splancs, and did not
fight too much with spsample. My question on the list was just for
general information
> PS. Perhaps R-sig-geo is a more appropriate list?
I was wondering too... and chose r-help because I though the question
was of 'general' interest enough. This is debatable indeed...

Thank you anyway for your answer, and see you in a few minutes off list...

Cheers,

Patrick