[R] Location of boxplots in bwplot

Sharon Kuhlmann-B sharon.kuhlmann at smi.ki.se
Mon Feb 18 11:15:38 CET 2008

Hi,

I am trying to adjust the position of the boxplots when using bwplot(). In boxplot() there is the alternative to modify the position of the boxes by using boxplot(y~x, at=...).

However, I don't seem to find a comparable option in bwplot(). I would like in some instances to add more space between the boxplots, e.g. that I could specify at=c(1, 2, 5, 6) so that the first two boxplots are close to each other, and the other two a bit further apart. I can do something like this with the labels, but haven't managed with the actual boxplots.

Grateful for any suggestions.

Sincerely,

Sharon

Sharon Kühlmann Berenzon, Ph.D.
Statistician
Dept. Epidemiology
Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control (SMI)

Sharon.Kuhlmann at smi.ki.se
tel. +46-8-457 2376; fax. +46-8-30 06 26