[R] index range

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 00:52:20 CET 2008

You can define origin 0 objects yourself if you like.
Here is a partial implementation:

"[.orig0" <- function(x, i)
    if (is.numeric(i)) .subset(x, i+0) else .subset(x, i)
orig0 <- function(x)
    structure(x, class = c("orig0", setdiff(class(x), "orig0")))
x <- orig0(1:5)
x[0:3] # 1:4

Note that usually 0 means leave out that element in R and
in this implementation -1 means leave it out.  Also normally
-3 mean leave out 3rd element but in the implementation
above -0 would be 0 so it would give the first element.

Probably best to just get used to the R way.