[R] regression with error in predictor

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Tue Feb 19 17:45:34 CET 2008

Irene Mantzouni <ima <at> difres.dk> writes:

> I am trying to run a regression where the predictor values are not real
> data but each is estimated from a different model. So, for each value I
> have a mean and variance.
>
> Which package/function should I use in this case?

See the Dobson example in the lm documentation. Assuming your x-values are known
accurately enough, you could use your y-variances as weights; this could be a
good approximation to what you want.

If that's not enough, check one of the packages with "meta" in it. You may
get better responses when you provide a self-running example as the posting
guide says.

Dieter