[R] newbie (me) needs to model distribution as two overlapping gaussians

Monica Pisica pisicandru at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 19:09:18 CET 2008

take a look at:

Du, 2002, Master Thesis, http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/peter/mix/Rmix.pdf

Macdonald, P., 2003, RMIX routine for R, http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/peter/mix/mix.html

I don't think this package was actually posted on CRAN (the mix package on CRAN is a different one as far as i remember) - maybe because Macdonald has also a commercial package - or maybe had .... but you can model your distribution with 2 or maybe more normal or log-normal distributions - as you see fit - and does an ANOVA test to see if your modeling is statistically significant or not. You will get also mean and standard distribution for each of your modeling distributions.

Hope this helps,

Monica

Message: 41