[R] rJava error (assistance needed)

francogrex francogrex at mail.com
Tue Feb 19 20:14:54 CET 2008

I have a problem I cannot run rJava properly, I have a winXP, below is the
error log I hope someone can help me because I need rJava to run other
programs like RLadayBug that I need for my research. Mr Hohle was kind
enough to assist me but I think the problem is with my PC not being able to
run rJava properly. Thanks

> library(rJava)
> .jinit()
Error in .jinit() : Unable to create a Java class loader.
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.0 (2007-10-03)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] rJava_0.5-1