[R] p-value for fixed effect in generalized linear mixed model

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 20 16:30:33 CET 2008

The lme4 package is still in development.  I can't guarantee the
evaluation of the deviance for the quasipoisson family.  There is a
certain amount of mystery about the role of the dispersion parameter
and the null deviance in families like quasipoisson and quasibinomial.
 For the time being don't base tests on a value of the deviance for
such models.