[R] Automatically discovering dependencies in Sweave

Michael Hoffman b3i4old02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Feb 21 00:02:04 CET 2008

I am using Sweave in a Makefile-managed LaTeX project. I regenerate the
.tex files automatically when there are changes in the Rnw files, but
this also needs to be done when files that are sourced using source()
are changed.

Is there something that can be done using codetools to discover all the
sourced files?

I suppose one thing I could to would be to make a wrapper for source()
that would log all of the files accessed. Or maybe even more generally
for file(), but that would probably produce a lot of things I don't want
as dependencies.