[R] SAS transport files and read.xport

Nelson, Gary (FWE) Gary.Nelson at state.ma.us
Thu Feb 21 20:52:07 CET 2008

Hi All,

In 2005, I noted that when I used read.xport function in the foreign
package to import a SAS transport file (.xpt) with multiple files
imbedded in it, data frames from some of the files were not created.
Since then,  I discovered that the information from the missing files is
being read into one dataframe, but the data appear corrupted.  This has
been noted before by Dr. Harrell (in 2003).

I am wondering if anyone might have a fix that isn't available yet?

Gary A. Nelson.