[R] Simultaneously summarizing many models

Christoph Scherber Christoph.Scherber at agr.uni-goettingen.de
Fri Feb 22 12:45:32 CET 2008

Dear R users,

Let´s say I have 10 models, each named m1,m2,m3..., and I would like to summarize them automatically
and simultaneously  - e.g., to extract parameter estimates later on from all models; how can I do that?

I have tried:

x=1:10 #this creates some example data
y=rnorm(10)

m1=lm(x~y)
m2=lm(x~1)

sum.lms=function(x)summary(paste("m",x,sep=""))
sum.lms(1:2)

but the paste() function always returns "m1" "m2" in quotation marks instead of m1 m2

Do you know a way around this? I guess I would need to use expression() or substitute() but I don´t
know how to construct m1, m2... without the quotation marks.

Thanks very much for your help!

Best wishes,

Christoph

(using R 2.5.1 on Windows XP SP2)