[R] YAML parser for R in Windows

Albicelli, Nicholas (Exchange) NAlbicelli at bear.com
Fri Feb 22 17:23:05 CET 2008

How can I parse a YAML file in R 2.6.0 in Windows?  I cannot get the
RYaml package to compile in Windows, I can't find a MinGW compiled .dll
for an existing YAML parser like syck (which would appear to be the best
hope for creating my own R wrapper functions), and I don't know how to
call a Ruby or Python function from R (so that I could parse the file in
Ruby or Python and pass the parsed object to R - there is a package that
I found, RSPython, that I tried but I get an error that it is not a
valid package since it is installed < 2.0.0).

Does anyone know of a YAML parser in R for Windows, or can help with any
of the issues above?  Thanks.