[R] What exactly does rchkusr() do?

Guilherme Veiga da Rocha gvrocha at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 17:26:32 CET 2008

	Hi all,

	I am trying to compile a fortran routine originally written for R
from within matlab.

	It all worked fine, but the newest version of the Fortran code has a
call to rchkusr() and I now get a message that this is an undefined
symbol.

	I am under the impression that rchkusr() just serves to let the
processor take care of interruption messages (typically, the user
frantically pressing Ctrl-C to stop running).
	a) Is that right?

	Another two questions are:
	1 - If I choose to keep this "interruption checkpoint" in the
routine, what library is  rchkusr() in and how do I link it when
compiling the Fortran object?
	2 - True of False: If I choose to comment that line, that just means
that the user will not be able to stop running the calculations while
the processor executes the Fortran bit of the code.

	Answers to any of the a, 1, 2 questions above is welcome.

	And in case you are wondering:
	- I am trying to link the Fortran to matlab so I can compare results
to other similar routines coded in matlab;
	- This is in the glasso package by Friedman, Hastie, Tibshirani.

	Thanks for any help.

	Cheers,

	Guilherme Rocha