[R] including data frames in R packages

Peter Dalgaard P.Dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Feb 25 11:39:23 CET 2008

dxc13 wrote:
> useR's,
>
> Does any one know if there is a size limitation on the data frames that can
> be included in R packages.  I have a data set in a text file that I would
> like to include in a package I am building and it is 8.5 MB in size.  Will
> this be problematic?
Not as such, no. There are larger packages on CRAN already. As Gavin
points out it will take up space on CRAN and on end users' computers,
and it could be too large to handle for some, so you should consider
whether it really is the Right Thing to do (which could well be the case).

> Is the process for including data sets in packages
> documented in WRE?

Yes... If you search for "data", you'll find the relevant bits soon
enough. (Or just go to Sec. 1.1.3)