[R] GUI developement / Matlab

Antje niederlein-rstat at yahoo.de
Fri Feb 29 13:45:14 CET 2008

Hi there,

I was wondering whether there are flexible packages available with which you
can create user interfaces? (I've read about "gWidgets"!?)
For example in Matlab you can even create stand alone applications. Is it also
possible for R in the same extend? Of course it should be platform independent
if possible...

And then I would like to know from people who know R as well as Matlab. What
would you see as advantages and disadvantages comparing both systems (from your
personal needs). I've learned a little bit of R and I like the concept but I
don't know much about Matlab. (I hope this question is not too off topic?)

Thank you!
Antje