[R] Graphic text

Neil Shephard nshephard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 20:39:27 CET 2008

Hi Maura,

Compound quotes can become an absolute nightmare (in any language).

R already has Tcl/TK packages, check out the following from CRAN...

ade4TKGUI
gWidgetstcltk
plotAndPlayGTK *
RGtk2

* possibly what your after?

Also you might find some of the packages listed at the Graphics Task
View of use (http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Graphics.html),
perhaps something under the Dynamic Graphics section?

Personally if I wanted fancy graphics for a presentation I'd go down
the line of LaTeX to produce nice PDF's which can have nice grahpics
and "pop up's".  LaTeX is well supported in R via the Sweave suite and
various other packages such as xtable() and the latex functions in
Hmisc() and many other packages.

Sorry I've not provided any direct solution,

Neil

--
"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."  - Unknown

Email - nshephard at gmail.com / n.shephard at sheffield.ac.uk
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/