[R] Running LaTeX dvi previewer on MacOS X

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Fri Feb 29 21:00:49 CET 2008

The generic way to open an arbitrary file with an arbitrary
application in OS X at the command line in a shell window is

    open -a application_name file_name

quoted if there are embedded spaces. One doesn't generally have to
give the full path to the application.

Digging into help.start() might give you some pointers.

-Don