[R] Trying to install rjags on Mac OS X 10.5

0093 k.okusa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 19:19:06 CET 2008

Dear Lindsay,

If you "pkgconfig" installed by MacPorts.
Maybe it likely to be caused by JAGS install.

You'll better to do

sudo make uninstall
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --mandir=/usr/local/share/man
make
sudo make install
sudo R CMD INSTALL -l /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library
rjags_1.0.0-1.tar.gz

If it doesn't work...
There is the another way.
If you can find "jags.pc" under "/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig".

sudo cp  /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/jags.pc /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig/
sudo R CMD INSTALL -l /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library
rjags_1.0.0-1.tar.gz

I hope everything will be OK.
sincerely

Kosuke