[R] need help

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Mon Jan 7 01:53:27 CET 2008

Rosalina,

You should start by reading the Posting Guide - it has helpful advice on
how to solve a problem yourself and how to craft postings to get good
answers.

The Posting Guide says:

 	[some basics deleted]

Do your homework before posting: If it is clear that you have done basic
background research, you are far more likely to get an informative
response. See also Further Resources further down this page.

     * Do help.search("keyword") and apropos("keyword") with different
       keywords (type this at the R prompt).

 	[other helpful suggestions deleted]

and doing exactly that on my system yields:

Help files with alias or concept or title matching .julian. using fuzzy
matching:

weekdays(base)                      Extract Parts of a POSIXt or Date
Object
day.of.week(chron)                  Convert between Julian and Calendar
Dates
TimeDateCoercion(fCalendar)         timeDate Class, Coercion and
Transformation
date.ddmmmyy(survival)              Format a Julian date
date.mdy(survival)                  Convert from Julian Dates to Month,
Day, and Year
date.mmddyy(survival)               Format a Julian date
date.mmddyyyy(survival)             Format a Julian date
mdy.date(survival)                  Convert to Julian Dates

Type 'help(FOO, package = PKG)' to inspect entry 'FOO(PKG) TITLE'.

which should be enough to get you going.

Also, you will want to consult Rnews which had an informative article on
handling dates a few years back.

HTH,

Chuck