[R] Great looking plot - but what does it mean?

mika03 someone29_7 at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 7 16:54:13 CET 2008

http://www.nabble.com/file/p14668788/paragraphs.png

Hi,

R is is world full of wonders... I created the attached plot, and I think
it's exactly what I need! Well, actually I think it is more that wht I
need...

I wanted R to show the mean values of the categories on the x-axis and maybe
the standard derivation as well.

I am pretty confident that the bold horrizontal lines in the plot show the
mean values. But what are the white boxes and the dashed lines? And what's
that one small circle on the "Section" column supposed to mean.

And if I would like to get rid of that small circle, how can I?

Thanks a lot!