[R] side by side plots

hpbenton at scripps.edu hpbenton at scripps.edu
Mon Jan 7 21:59:34 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

I have an overlay plot it's nice but you can't see all the data. I would
like to know if there is a way to get a plot that gives a side by side
plot so that  each plot would be next to each other. The two plots have
the same data are of different species. At the moment this is the code I'm
using:

exp<-cbind(abs(round(rnorm(10),2)*10), seq(100, 200, by=10))
ref<-cbind(abs(round(rnorm(10),2)*10), seq(100, 200, by=10))

plot(ref, ylab="Intensity", xlab="wavelength", type="h")
points(exp, type="h", col="red")

This is working in a script and I would like to have a single pdf/png file
for the user with this plot, rather than asking the user to manually
compare them.

Any ideas on how I would do this?

Thanks

Paul