[R] pairwise cross tabulation tables

AndyZon andyzon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 23:44:16 CET 2008

Hi,

I have a huge number of categorical variables, say at least 10000, and I put
them into a matrix, each column is one variable. The question is: how can I
make all of the pairwise cross tabulation tables efficiently? The
straightforward solution is to use for-loops by looping two indexes on the
table() function, but it was just too slow. Is there a more efficient way to
do that? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Andy