[R] Is R on Windows multi-threaded

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Jan 12 17:04:35 CET 2008

On 11 January 2008 at 21:37, Greg Snow wrote:
| Someone else suggested the snow package, but I don't think it is available for windows.

It is, but you may have to restrict yourself to the 'sockets' communication
as PVm and MPI are not that straightforward under Unix.

| I have been able to get the nws package to work on a duel core machine
| using windows and it did speed up my tests (and was fairly straight forward to use).

NWS is indeed an alternative that should also extend to several machines
under Windows. It is easy with several machines under Linux but there I use
the sshcmd which may be trickier to set up under Windows.

Dirk