[R] Hmisc latex() does not want to work

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Sun Jan 13 20:20:35 CET 2008

John Kane wrote:
> Works just fine, thanks.   I'll blame the help as
> being very slightly ambiguous.

 From the help file:

\section{Side Effects}{
creates various system files and runs various Linux/UNIX system
commands which are assumed to be in the system path.
}

\details{
   If running under Windows and using MikTeX, \code{latex} and \code{yap}
   must be in your system path, and \code{yap} is used to browse
   \code{.dvi} files created by \code{latex}.  You should install the
   \code{geometry} and \code{ctable} styles in MikTeX to make optimum use
   of \code{latex()}.

Frank