[R] Graphical output: dials and meters for a dashboard?

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:41:15 CET 2008

> I'm new to R and am evaluating it to see whether it would be an appropriate tool to create a "dashboard" (a graphical statistical summary page).  Could someone tell me if it is possible to display data as dials or meters. e.g. the four dials here: http://www.pentaho.com/images/snap_dashboard_1.png

The question would why would you want to?  You are trying to
understand your data, not driving a race car or aeroplane.  You might
want to check out the books and writing of Stephen Few
(http://www.perceptualedge.com) who makes this case powerfully and
eloquently, and also suggests alternatives that are far more useful.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/