[R] Quantile regression

Richard.Cotton at hsl.gov.uk Richard.Cotton at hsl.gov.uk
Wed Jan 16 11:55:52 CET 2008

> I am trying to perform quantile regression analysis to analyse my work.
> could install the R package in windows xp. Now I am struggling
> for the next work.I have *marks of students at the university
> examinations*( say response variable Y) and their
> *entrance examination marks* ( Independent one variable   X ).I have
entered
> data in Excel spread sheet as records.
>
> I will be thankful If one of you could help me how run the package to
get
> the estimates , plots and significant tests.. I am a Sri Lankan MPhil
> student at .

1. Save your excel data as a comma separated value (csv) file.
File -> Save As...

2. Read the data into R
examdata <- read.csv("examdatafile.csv")

3. Install the quantreg package from CRAN
Packages -> Install packages...

4. Read the help page for the analysis function
?rq

5. Run the analysis
model1 <- rq(Y~X, data=examdata)

6. Examine the results