[R] Graphical output: dials and meters for a dashboard?

Parker Jones zoubidoo at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 14:51:32 CET 2008

> You can do a basic dial with something like this:

Thanks Jim.  After installing plotrix I still had a bit of trouble getting this to work and I don't (yet) know enough R to fix it:

> speedoplot(0.5,5,5,2,"Speedoplot")
Error in polygon(xv, yv, border = border, col = col, lty = lty, lwd = lwd) :
        plot.new has not been called yet

But the error went away if I plotted something else first.

Also the colour bands are skewed - but that may just be a side-effect of my other plot.

> and if you want something fancier, you can call a 3D renderer like POVRay:
>
> http://www.povray.org
>
> to render very realistic objects.

Sounds interesting, but probably a bit overkill at this stage.

Thanks again for coding up the dial!
PJ