[R] snow on OS X

Rajarshi Guha rguha at indiana.edu
Thu Jan 17 03:07:08 CET 2008

Hi, I installed snow via R.app (from R 2.6.0) on OS X (10.4.11,
Tiger), though I did not install Rmpi or Rsprng.

My first question - has anybody installed Rsprng on OS X? The link
from the CRAN package page seems to indicate that the sprng code was
not installed rather than Rsprng not building.

Second, I tried to create a cluster using the SOCKET option by doing

cl <- makeSOCKcluster(rep('localhost',2))

However, after issuing this, R just seems to hang. I have set up
passwordless ssh, so that doing ssh localhost logs me into my machine
without any password, so I'm not sure what the problem is

Any pointers would be appreciated

Rajarshi Guha  <rguha at indiana.edu>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04  06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE