[R] Change R localization

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Thu Jan 17 20:17:35 CET 2008

Dear R-helpers,

A student in my Department reports that his R is in Japanese:

"I lived in Japan and have a US-purchased mac with the Japanese input/
reader enabled, which must be where the Japanese came from. When I
uninstalled R and reinstalled it last time (I think I completely
uninstalled it, but some folders may have survived?), I installed with
the Japanese option turned off."

sessionInfo();localeToCharset()

R version 2.5.1 (2007-06-27)
powerpc-apple-darwin8.9.1

locale:
ja_JP.UTF-8/ja_JP.UTF-8/ja_JP.UTF-8/C/ja_JP.UTF-8/ja_JP.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"
"methods"
[7] "base"

other attached packages:
  lattice   faraway   reshape       car
"0.15-11"   "1.0.2"   "0.8.0"   "1.2-7"
[1] "UTF-8"  "EUC-JP"

What should he do to get to locale C?

I believe that he isn't subscribed to this list, so please include a
cc to him.

Thanks,
_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/