[R] Trouble receiving messages from the mailing list

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 18 09:32:02 CET 2008

    GC> For some unknown reason I stopped receiving any messages
    GC> from the R- help mailing list.  See if this test gets
    GC> through.

It does; but you don't see it -- nor my answer -- so maybe
someone can forward this (post)  to Gang Chen.

As I found, since about  Jan 14, 13:20 (UTC+01)  your site is
not accepting any mails from our server any more.
Probably you are black listing us, because of the recently
slightly increased spam rate on r-help.

I have to tell you (or rather the R-help audience) that I've
spent too much time (again!) during this week trying to fight
spam.

Maybe the time of "free" (unauthorized) posting to mailing lists
is approaching its end...

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich