[R] R and samr under Linux

markaoki markaoki at navisan.com
Sun Jan 20 23:39:10 CET 2008

hi,

This is my first day with R, pls pardon my newbie gaffs.

Im running under Linux, samr V1.25 and R (V2.4.1 and 2.6.1), 32 and 64 bit.

Either way, when I run using samr library I get the error:

"samr is not a valid package - installed < 2.0.0?"

I see in R source code a conditional leading to this message:

pfile <-system.file ("Meta", "package.rds", package=package, libloc =
which.lib.loc);

The samr does not have a "Meta" directory, or underlying package.rds, as the
other

packages have. So, it seems to fail this check.

1. It seems to me that the offered Linux samr package V1.25 is not
compatible with

these versions (2.4 / 2.6) of R. Is this a correct conclusion?

2. R seems to be an interpreted language, and its 'libraries' seem to be
just text files. Thus, it seems I could find a Windows implementation of
samr and copy it to my Linux. Any ideas about this theory?

3. Does R language have a way for me to define which processor in a cluster
I would

like to execute a section of code upon, like in MPI?

Please let me know some of these things, if you can help.

Thanks for helping me,

-m.aoki