[R] [R-pkgs] New package: R to LaTeX Univariate Analyses

Christophe Genolini cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Mon Jan 21 10:27:59 CET 2008

Hi the list

*** New package ***
R to LaTeX : Univariate analyses
r2lUniv
*URL:*http://www.r-project.org, http://christophe.genolini.free.fr/r2lUniv

*** Description ***
r2lUniv performs some basic analyses, then generates a code to be
included in a LaTeX document
to print the analyses in a (so nice!) LaTeX way.
r2lUniv performs the analyses automatically according to the classical
statistics
type definition that are nominal, ordinal, discrete and continuous. The
analysis performed are:
- Nominal : modality, size, barplot
- Ordinal: modality, size, quartile, barplot
- Discrete: modality, size, mean, var, quartile, boxplot, barplot
- Continuous: mean, var, quartile, boxplot, barplot

*** I am a Rookie... ***
Well, I know that. This is my first package and I am almost a beginner in R.
So any comment on any subject (programming style, way of writing the
man, use of S3) are welcome
("You did a nice job, but classical usage is to..." or "Hmmm, that would
be more practical if...").

*** Other project ***
Well, Univariate Analysis is the first step, the second is Bivariate
analysis.
Also, before posting here, I submit this package on a French forum.
The first suggestion is to extend this package to HTML. I will not have
time to do it alone.
So if some people are interested, two other project are almost open :
- R to LaTeX Bivaraite Analysis
- R to HTML Univariate Analysis

Thanks

Christophe Genolini

Junior statistician
"PSIGIAM: Paris Sud Innovation Group in Adolescent Mental Health"
INSERM U669 / Maison de Solenn / Paris