[R] Adding an Sweave Vignette to a package

Doran, Harold HDoran at air.org
Tue Jan 22 14:48:54 CET 2008

Thanks, Uwe. Before I modify this path, I want to make sure of one
thing. My path is set according to the specifications in the document
prescribed by Duncan Murdoch (at link below). Indeed, my path includes
the proper location of my MikTex and pdflatex.exe files. Here is my path
from the command you gave below:

"c:\\Rtools\\bin;C:\\Perl\\bin\\;c:\\Rtools\\MinGW\\bin;c:\\texmf\\mikte
k\\bin;c:\\cygwin;C:\\WINDOWS\\system32;C:\\WINDOWS;C:\\WINDOWS\\System3
2\\Wbem;C:\\subversion\\Subversion\\bin;C:\\Program
Files\\R\\R-2.2.0\\bin; "

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#The-Windows-toolset

AFAIK, the path indeed is set according to the Murdoch prescription for
building R packages, my pdflatex.exe lives in the directory pointed to
in this path, yet R cannot see it when doing Rcmd build.

I can successfully build and use the package at this point (again as my
other problem now solved). However, I am not sure what I should work on
to resolve the issue of building the vignette.

There are so many steps in building a package, I may have missed
something somewhere. So, if you see an error I appreciate any advice.

Harold