[R] Two-way non-parametric ANOVA?

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Jan 23 14:53:48 CET 2008

Gavin Simpson wrote:
> hits=-2.6 tests=BAYES_00
>
> On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 02:59 -0800, Diana Perdiguero wrote:
>> We need a two-way non-parametric ANOVA in order to analysis properly some
>> ecological data, do you know any reference in R? or how to do it?
>> Thank you very much
>> All the best
>>
>> diana
>
> Diana,
>
> If your ecological data are multivariate then take a look at adonis() in
> package vegan, and the references therein, to see if it is suitable.
>
> HTH

Also, the proportional odds ordinal logistic model is a generalization
of Wilcoxon-Kruskal-Wallis test.   It can easily handle interactions in
the model.  See the lrm function in the Design package or the polr
function in the MASS package.  For a tutorial on ordinal logistic
regression in ecology (using lrm), see

@Article{gui00ord,
   author =               {Guisan, Antoine and Harrell, Frank E.},
   title =                {Ordinal response regression models in
ecology},
   journal =      {Journal of Vegetation Science},
   year =                 2000,
   volume = 11,
   pages = {617-626},
   annote =               {teaching;ordinal logistic model}
}