[R] latex{Hmisc} cannot find xdvi on MAC OS X

Kevin E. Thorpe kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 23 15:44:56 CET 2008

Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> I don't use Mac but a workaround to this type of
> problem was discussed just recently here:
>
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2008-January/151524.html

Thanks, I actually remember reading that thread.  However, I'm
not sure it's exactly the same problem in that, in my student's
case, everything works up to to point of calling xdvi.

I can probably help her with a workaround involving running latex
manually, but will need to go back to the help page to remind
myself how to find out which LaTeX packages are in use.  I
remember and example in one of them.

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Biostatistician/Trialist, Knowledge Translation Program