[R] Package Building and Name Space

Michał Bojanowski M.J.Bojanowski at uu.nl
Wed Jan 23 16:53:38 CET 2008

Hi Johannes,

Apparently the package 'strapply' does not have the namespace, so you cannot
use importFrom directive to import gsubfn() from it. In that case, I
believe, you need to rely on the "old" mechanism using require(). Apart from
that, it also seems that 'strapply' package is not even in the R search
path. Do you see it in the listing created by a call to library()?

HTH,

Michal

Johannes Graumann-2 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just don't get this and would appreciate if someone could write a line
> or
> two: I'm trying to build this package and it stops installing after I add
> the following to the NAMESPACES file:
>
>>importFrom(gsubfn,strapply)
>
> The error during the package test is:
>
> Error in MyPackage::MyFunction :
>   package 'MyPackage' has no name space and is not on the search path
> Calls: <Anonymous> ... <Anonymous> -> switch -> sys.source -> eval ->
> eval -> ::
> Execution halted
>
> 'MyFunction' contains 'strapply' from gsubfn.
>
> Please tell me where I err.
>
> Thanks, Joh

-----
Michal Bojanowski