[R] R binary version with R_MEMORY_PROFILING

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Jan 23 17:21:38 CET 2008

On 1/23/2008 10:41 AM, Yoni Stoffman wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Where can I find an R binary version (>2.4.0 ) for windows that compiled
> with R_MEMORY_PROFILING?
>

> Within our application we are experiencing serious problems with memory
> usage. And being able to use "Rprofmem" and "tracemem" command seems like
> our best option.

Two options:

1.  Download and install the Rtools27.exe file from
www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools to install the build tools, and then
build your own copy via

cd src/gnuwin32
make R_MEMORY_PROFILING=T

2.  Wait for someone else to do this for you.

I don't think many people are doing this, so the code is not well tested
on Windows, and you may find it is buggy.  If you do, please let us know.

Duncan Murdoch