[R] latex{Hmisc} cannot find xdvi on MAC OS X

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Jan 23 18:33:27 CET 2008

Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> It eliminates Hmisc and R by giving you a tex file.  Now its up
> to you to figure out how to handle tex files on your system.

That's true but quick previewing of the LaTeX result is useful.  I
frequently type latex(describe(mydataframe)) for example.  Everything is
pre-installed on Linux and easy to install on Windows/Mac.  We just need
to get to the bottom of why xdvi is not found even though "which xdvi"
proves that it's there. [Note - on Windows you specify options( ) to
give the name of another previewer command.].

Frank