[R] Two-way non-parametric ANOVA?

David Airey david.airey at Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Jan 23 20:49:58 CET 2008

While I defer to Frank as far as expertise goes, not having access to
his paper, I googled, and I just read that this kind of model is not
possible when there are a lack of ties for ranks in the data, and adds
an intercept for every rank in the data set. So while interpretation
doesn't get more difficult with additional ranks, unlike the
multinonimal model, Frank's suggestion would not fly for continuous
data that was transformed to ranks, as opposed to data collected as
ordered categories, where it would be preferable.