[R] package manual in pdf

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Jan 24 12:26:20 CET 2008

christophe.genolini wrote:
> Duncan Murdoch a écrit :
>
>> On 23/01/2008 7:37 PM, christophe.genolini at free.fr wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am trying to write a pdf manual for my package. I create a file
>>> inst\doc\myDoc.tex. I taught that R CMD build will call latex on this
>>> file (like
>>> it is said in Writing R extension), but it does not happen.
>>>
>> I don't see this in Writing R Extensions, other than in the "Writing
>> package vignettes" section, where it says this happens for vignettes
>> in Sweave format.  You can force it to happen to .tex files by
>> including a Makefile.
>>
> Ok, thanks
>
>> The usual one is produced from your .Rd documentation files.  I don't
>> know why the lines would be too long, I don't usually see that.
>>
> On the package r2lUniv, page 8, section examples: the line step outside
> the page. I saw that in other manual to.

Those lines are reproduced as you typed them.  If you want line breaks,
you need to put them in the .Rd file.
> Is it possible to change the Topic Documented order ?

You can't control the order of the standard sections, but you can use
your own custom sections.
> And I also would like to add a "visual example" section, it is why I
> would prefer to access to the source file that produce the pdf instead
> fo rewriting all...

The .Rd is the source file.  Unfortunately that format doesn't support
figures.  You can include URLs that point to web pages containing
figures, and some of the output formats will generate links.

Duncan Murdoch