[R] *SOLVED* latex{Hmisc} cannot find xdvi on MAC OS X

Kevin E. Thorpe kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 25 17:43:58 CET 2008

With thanks to all who responded, especially Charles Berry and
Don MacQueen, my student has everything working.  The final
solution was:

1. Install X11 and X11SDK (or make sure they are installed).
2. There is a button for starting X11 within the R GUI.
3. Sys.setenv( PATH=paste(Sys.getenv("PATH"),"/usr/texbin",sep=":") )

After doing this, latex() worked as desired when R is started
from the MAC Finder.

She and I thank you.

Kevin

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Biostatistician/Trialist, Knowledge Translation Program