[R] sending the same e-mail many times (was "no subject")

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Sat Jan 26 13:38:46 CET 2008

Dear Alyaa,

you've now sent this message in many different forms to the
R-help mailing list.

The fact that you did not get a response may very well be
related to the way you asked your question,
but also that it probably is not an easy question to answer.

But sending your e-mail repeatedly to *several thousand*
people is considered *very* impolite.

    aw> Hi,               The following code, from Angelo Canty article on line "Resampling Methods in R: the boot Package, 2002",  works fine for Angelo Canty using  R 2.6.0 on Windows XP.
    aw> It also works for me using  R 1.2.1 and S-PLUS 2000 on  Windows XP after installing the S-PLUS  bootstrap library, with slight differences in my outputs.

the footer here tells us that you still don't follow the posting
guide (namely, not sending HTML) even though you may have
started doing so  by trying to produce reproducible code.

Regards,
Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich

    aw> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]