[R] Data manipulation question (opposite of table?)

Michael Denslow mwdenslow at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 21:54:03 CET 2008

Dear R users,

I am a new user (probably obvious by my question) and
have really learned a lot from reading this list.
Thank you all very much. My main struggles with R are
with data manipulation.

So here is my question...
I have data that is organized as below, this is a
short example.

value     count
11232    25
15885    24
22464    20
etc...

the 'value' field is distances and the 'count' field
is the number of times that each distance occurs. So I
guess it is in the same format as the output for the
table() function.

What I need to do is make one long vector (or list)
that includes all the actual numbers. In other words
11232 listed 25 times followed by 15885 listed 24
times etc. etc.

Thank you again in advance,
Michael