[R] drawing arrows with rgl

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Jan 30 00:37:12 CET 2008

On 1/29/2008 6:23 PM, Kasper Peeters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a package which allows me to draw arrows (cylinders
> with cones on them, basically) in 3d images produced with rgl. Is such
> a thing available?

The shapes3d demo in rgl draws cones.  You could use the same ideas to
draw cylinders.

Once you have instructions to draw one prototypical arrow, you can use
the scale3d, translate3d and rotate3d functions to reshape it and move it.

I've never found such arrows very visually pleasing, but if you do find
a way to draw nice ones, please post the code here.

Duncan Murdoch