[R] [OT] emacs / xemacs for unix without compile

Wittner, Ben, Ph.D. Wittner.Ben at mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 31 21:35:04 CET 2008

I don't know what unix you're using, but if it's fedora 8, the command
yum install emacs
did the trick for me. You probably need to have root (a.k.a. superuser)
privileges to do that.

If you like to use ESS with emacs to edit R scripts,
yum install emacs-ess

My guess is this would work for any Red Hat linux, but I don't know.

-Ben