[R] Problem in installing Biobase

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 4 10:23:14 CEST 2008

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008, Jason Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently I try to install Biobase component using the tutorials from
> cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/Rnews_2006-5.pdf
>
> I tried
> u <- "http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R"
>> source(u)
>> biocLite("pkgDepTools", dependencies=TRUE)
> Running biocinstall version 2.0.8 with R version 2.5.1
> Your version of R requires version 2.0 of Bioconductor.
> Warning in install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
> dependencies,  :
>         argument 'lib' is missing: using '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library'
>

> Please advise. THanks.

Please read the posting guide -- its advice to update your R before
posting has not been followed, nor the advice to use the Bioconductor list
for advise about Bioconductor packages.

That said, there is no problem in the output you show -- the warning is
normal if you have multiple libraries.

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

The posting guide asked you not to do that.