[R] p-value for Nonmetric Multidimentional Scaling?

Bill.Venables at csiro.au Bill.Venables at csiro.au
Sat Jul 5 06:32:57 CEST 2008

You need to ask yourself a number of questions, e.g.

What is the hypothesis you wish to test?
What is the test statistic you wish to use to test it?
How can I get some information on where my value of that statistic sits
with respect to its null hypothesis distribution?

p-values do not exist independently of hypothesis tests.

(It would also be a coutresy to the list to give your name and
affiliation, as the posting guide suggests.)

Bill Venables
CSIRO Laboratories
PO Box 120, Cleveland, 4163
AUSTRALIA
Office Phone (email preferred): +61 7 3826 7251
Fax (if absolutely necessary):  +61 7 3826 7304
Mobile:                         +61 4 8819 4402
Home Phone:                     +61 7 3286 7700
mailto:Bill.Venables at csiro.au
http://www.cmis.csiro.au/bill.venables/