[R] Numbers as Points in Graphs

hippie dream tonightsthenight at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 00:34:58 CEST 2008

I am trying to produce a simple plot where the points in the plot are
actually integers from my data. That is, I am making a length/width plot and
I would like the points, rather dots or triangles, appear as different
numbers corresponding to a column in my data. I have tried using this:

...,pch="column title"

but this merely returns the first letter of the column title, B. Is there
any way to do this?

I am using R 2.7.1 and Ubuntu 8.04. Thanks.