[R] Numbers as Points in Graphs

hippie dream tonightsthenight at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 00:59:24 CEST 2008

Thanks Milton,

I am finding this a little hard to explain. The code you gave me produced
all 0.0 points whereas what I am looking for are the points to correspond to
a specific column. I'll be explicit. I am graphing the location of 15
objects numbered 1 to 15.

plot(Length ~ Width, data=infiltration1, col="blue", xlab = "Width (cm)",
ylab = "Length (m)", xlim=c(0,200), ylim=c(0,30))

Now I would like the points on this graph, rather than dots to be numbers
corresponding to the object it represents. Is there any way to "access" the
object number from my data to use as in lieu of points?

Thanks again.