[R] Running "all possible subsets" of a GLM (binomial) model

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Mon Jul 7 19:07:43 CEST 2008

Eric Vander Wal <ejvander <at> lakeheadu.ca> writes:

> I have spent a fair amount of time looking for a package that is automated
> to run glm (binomial) regression models with all possible subsets of my
> independent variables.  Something akin to Lumley's "leaps" package, but can
> be applied to glms, not just lms; or something similar to Stata's brute
> force "tryem" function?  If anyone can point me in the right direction I
> would really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks, Eric vdWal
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

  There is a "dRedging" package at

http://www.zbs.bialowieza.pl/users/kamil/r/

that is oriented toward model-averaging but
might do what you want.  (The potential for
abuse of this package makes me terribly
nervous, but if used with great care and
common sense I can see that it can be
useful.)

  Ben Bolker